Hey, I’m Belina.
I have an obsession with color, composition, nature, patterns, and anything creative. Design has always been a part of my life. I have been lucky to enjoy the different facets of it… as a creator, as a graphic designer, and as an entrepreneur. Needless to say, interior design has always been special and fascinating to me.
I love making things. I got my crafty vein from my mom, who also comes from a family of crafters who sew, crocheted, etc. I have owned a glue gun since age 10 and I absolutely love making DIY projects to decorate my home. I also love tweaking things and objects to make my life easier and keep my home organized and under control, especially as a single mom.
Ever since I can remember, I spent long hours reimagining my room and making surprise makeovers at home. Luckily, my parents were always supportive of my creative drive, even when I re-painted valuable or expensive accents around the house. Ups.
Growing up, I was surrounded with art and tasty decor at home, and since then, I value and appreciate the character and personality a home can have.
In 2001, after graduating from high school, I moved from my native Venezuela to Miami, FL and started my career in Advertising and Graphic Design at the University of Miami, and graduated in 2005. Since then, I have worked in a variety of projects, mainly as a graphic designer.
After my divorce in 2015, I decided to downsize from a 4-bedroom single family home into a 3-bedroom apartment. It was tough in the beginning, but it was also a beautiful way to start fresh and create a new vibe for our smaller new home.
Sebastian, my curious 8-year-old son, was such an inspiration to move quickly and put together the warmest and coziest home I could possibly get. I had to basically start from scratch and buy all the home essentials… and I loved the process! I became an expert in finding the best deals on the internet. I was determined to have the home of my dreams without spending a fortune, and I did.
I started HeyBelina in early 2018 to share my style and inspire you to transform your home as well. Today, with my design background and passion for home decor, I help friends transform their home and spaces without spending a fortune.
Please join me on our Home Makeover journey, as we continuously add new things and updates to our home.
Let’s make your home a happy place!
Extra Things you should know about me:
- I also run a remodeling consulting business with my mom, the Yellow and Company, and we buy, flip and sell homes in our spare time. If you have a new home or are in the process of renovating and need help with your remodeling project, we can help.
- I was born and raised in Venezuela, and have been living in the US since 2001
- I speak English and Spanish fluently
- I love my family
- My name was taken out of a Brazilian soap opera
- I try to rearrange my home spaces every three months… just for the fun of it
- Have a secret obsession for asymmetric compositions and eyeglasses
- I am creative, colorful and l laugh out loud
- Can’t live without my headphones, Amazon Prime and my Spotify subscription
- I’ve been dying my hair red for over a year now
- I love to make DIY projects, cooking, crafting cocktails, and taking photos of the food and drinks I make